Mens waterproof breathable Gore-Tex® hiking shoe
Product description for La Sportiva M TX 4 MID GTX, Carbon – Flame Footwear Male
The TX4 MID GTX® by LA SPORTIVA for men is a mid-cut protective boot with leather uppers, soft cuff and waterproof and breathable Gore Tex® membrane: designed for technical approach routes, via ferrata and hiking even with fully loaded backpacks.
Lightweight and comfortable the boot TX 4 MID GTX® by LA SPORTIVA for men is ideal for hikers and mountain lovers. The high cut collar protects the ankle and confers flexibility and stability for a full control of the support of the foot while the STB Control System™ provides further structure and torsion stability on traverse routes. A clean and simple design, waterproof features and breathability are guaranteed by Gore-Tex®, the boot guarantees high abrasion resistance thanks to the PU TechLite all-round rand the MegaGrip Vibram sole with climbing zone at the toe and rear Impact Brake System make the boot ideal for climbing and return routes on technical terrain.
The lacing system of the TX4 MID GTX® by LA SPORTIVA for men is derived from the Mythos climbing model and allows adjustment of the tension and the fit volumes in just one move.
- STB Control System™: the upper wraps the midsole in the medial zone increasing stability on traverse routes and wraps around the foot for a comfortable and precise fit.
- High resistance to abrasion and low weight is provided thanks to the PU Techlite rand and protective rubber top cap.
- Injected: A number of LA SPORTIVA Mountain Running® shoes use EVA injected midsoles which differ from the standard compression molded EVA midsoles for a high degree of cushioning and a better elasticity of the fabric. These features assist “push off” during the propulsion phase while running, making these models ideal for use on off-road trails. Furthermore, EVA injected midsoles drastically reduce the “squash” effect of the EVA over time, allowing the product to maintain the same characteristics and high performance for its entire duration. Some LA SPORTIVA models use standard compression molded EVA midsoles for the durability and reactivity on soft ground where the need for shock absorption is reduced.
- LA SPORTIVA Ortholite Approach: The mountain Running Models adopt the exclusive LA SPORTIVA insoles by Ortholite, with 2 different thickness. Both models are available in men and women version and differs for the materials’ densities. Breathable for a cooler foot, the unique open cell structure creates a moisture management system, long term cushioning: insole will retain over 95% of its thickness over time and won’t flatten out, anti-microbial agents and washable properties for a more igienic shoe
- Impact Brake System: The innovative system is applied to the sole to absorb negative ground impact, help traction and improve grip downhill. Created and developed by the R&D department at LA SPORTIVA, it offers real advantages during racing by reducing negative ground impact. The unique position of the lugs allows as many of them as possible to come into contact with the ground, for maximum impact absorption
- Gore-Tex® Surround™: Hiking shoes engineered with Gore-Tex® Surround™ product technology are designed for outdoor use in moderate to warmer conditions. They offer enduring waterproof protection and optimum breathability all around the foot. Moisture and warmth also escape through the Gore-Tex® membrane into the open structure of the “spacer” – and from there out of the shoe via side ventilation outlets. The result is faster sweat removal rate, keeping your feet dry and comfortable even at higher temperatures.
- Gore-Tex® lining for maximum breathability, water resistance and comfort
- Vibram® MegaGrip Sole with Impact Brake System at the rear
- Vibram® sole
- Weight: 970 g (per pair)
Material specifications for La Sportiva M TX 4 MID GTX, Carbon – Flame
- Uppers: suede leather + protective 1,5 mm PU TechLite rand and toe cap
- Lining: Gore-Tex® Extended Comfort
- Midsole: Shock absorbing, injected EVA
- Footbed: 4mm Ortholite Approach
- Sole: Vibram® Mega-Grip with Impact Brake System and climbing zone at the toe
- Patent: Mythos lacing system
- Material characteristics: breathable, elastic, waterproof
- Lining: Gore-Tex®
- Outer fabric: PU material, Sämischleder
- Sole: OrthoLite®, Vibram Impact Brake
La Sportiva M TX 4 MID GTX, Carbon – Flame is developed for the following Sports & Activities:
- Mountaineering and Trekking