- Make yourself comfortable in the large but lightweight Mont Moondance EX Tent: With space inside for two campers to sleep in luxury, or three campers who get on like a house (or tent) on fire.With the same weatherproof & weight-saving features that make the Mont Moondance 2 a bestseller, the Moondance EX is perfect for adventures with 2-to-3 people: Lightweight bushwalking, bike packing epics or family camping fun.
Dual Entrance & Dual Vestibule
The Moondance EX easily fits three standard size sleeping mats and with a high ceiling and steep side walls is very spacious inside. Dual doors allow you to climb in and out without disturbing your camping partners and the dual vestibules provide ample space for backpacks, boots and more.
The no-see-um mesh interior of the Moondance EX allows excellent airflow and reduced condensation; essential ingredients for comfortable camping in most conditions.
10,000+mm waterhead on Nylon Tub Floor
With a waterhead of over 10,000mm the Nylon tub floor has more than 3 times the waterproof rating of many competitor’s tents (In some of their tents kneeling on the floor will exceed the waterhead!). This market-leading waterhead is achieved with a tightly woven 40 denier Nylon with a durable laminate applied. The tub floor, along with the fly, is factory seam sealed throughout for long lasting, reliable and totally waterproof protection.
30 Denier Rip-Stop Nylon Fly
The Fly on the Moondance EX is made from a lightweight 30 denier Nylon with rip-stop. Silicon DWR treatment on the exterior sheds water quickly and moisture penetration is stopped by a PU coating on the inside. Full factory seam sealing is applied to all seams on the fly.
Internally Accessed Roof Vent & Door Vents
Control ventilation without leaving the tent by quickly and easily opening or closing the ceiling vent in the fly or the Nylon/Mesh windows in both doors. The ceiling vent in the fly can be zipped closed or held open with a lightweight prop secured by a hook-and-loop patch backed with seam sealing. Both doors on the tent inner have double layer windows of Nylon inside and mesh outside; zip open the Nylon for ventilation or close it up for weather protection.
Ultra-Light Ultra-Strong DAC Featherlite NSL Poles
A refined pole design now allows the Moondance EX Tents to be setup easier and faster than ever. Symmetrical poles with non-directional pole hubs cannot be put on upside down by mistake, and the main pole section can be attached at either end of the tent inner.
All Mont tents use the highest quality poles made by DAC in South Korea. These poles are selected for their exceptionally low weight, precision engineering, high strength and for DAC’s market-leading environmental standards.
3 point attachment guy cords
Quick, easy and only requiring one peg! They hold the tent steady attaching to 3 reinforced points and when not in use a handy hook, loop and toggle holds the guy cords neatly out of the way and prevents tangling. See here for 3 Point Adjustment Guy Cord Best Practices
A seperate Moondance EX Footprint designed to fit this tent can be purchased to provide an extra layer underneath to increase waterproofness and protect the floor from damage.
On trips where you wish to save weight the optional Moondance EX Footprint allows you to pitch the fly independent of the inner. Simply peg out the footprint, attach the pole tips to each corner of the footprint, and attach the fly over the top as usual.
- 2 to 3 person
- 3 season
- Inner: partial 40 denier ripstop nylon and No-See-Um mesh
- Floor: 40 denier Nylon with 10,000mm PU laminate
- Fly: Lightweight, 30 denier, rip-stop Nylon Fly with Silicon DWR outside and PU coating inside. 2000mm waterhead
- 2 DAC Featherlite NSL poles with locking pole ends and wishbone hub design
- Dual entrances and vestibules
- Internally accessed zippered roof vent
- 6 internal mesh pockets and carabiner hanger on ceiling
- 2 3-way-attachment reflective guy cords
- Reinforced guy points
- Supplied with 8 Millennium pegs, tent stuff sack, pole bag, peg bag and repair kit
- Multipitch: pitch fly only using optional footprint or pitch the inner by itself
- Inner 170cm wide
- Inner 217cm long
- Inner 106cm high
- Internal floor area: 3.69m2
- Vestibules 65cm wide each
- Collapsed pole length: 55cm
- Compressed tent sack: 36cm x 16cm
- Packed weight: 2420g
- Minimum weight*: 2220g
- *inner, fly, poles & 2 pegs)