Adding to the Sound series, the Sound 10.5 continues to offer a feature rich sit-in at a friendly price.
Perception Kayaks Sound 10.5
- Zone Seat w/ Gear Tray
- Zone Knee/Thigh Pads
- Keepers Foot Brace System
- Tankwell w/ Bungee and Self-Bailing Scupper Holes
- Molded Thru Handles
- Molded-In Dashboard w/Bungee
- Two Molded-In Rod Holders
|LENGTH: 10′ 6″ / 320 CM||WIDTH: 29.5″ / 75 CM|
|BOAT WEIGHT: 46 LBS. / 21 KG||DECK HEIGHT: 15.75″ / 40 CM|
|COCKPIT LENGTH: 56″ / 142 CM||COCKPIT WIDTH: 23.75″ / 60 CM|
|MAX CAPACITY: 335 LBS. / 152 KG|
Today the market is filled with sit-on-top kayaks designed for fishing.
That’s all well and good if you live in a warm-weather place, but what if it rains? What if you want a little more protection from the elements?
Based in Greenville, South Carolina, Perception has been churning out kayaks for more than 40 years that can handle a variety of conditions. This includes sit-in kayaks that are set-up for fishing in all sorts of weather.
In our Perception Sound 10.5 review, we’ll take a look at one of these reasonably priced models. Narrower than most sit-on-top boats but still managing to cram in some custom features, it’s a boat worthy of consideration for newcomers and casual kayak anglers.
- Lightweight design is easy to transport
- Sit-in design provides solid stability
- Enough custom options to get started
- No dry storage space
- Tracking suffers in rough conditions
- Short keel limits its speed