current stock colors are red and lime
A kayak for everyone, the Safari Plus is a real ‘allrounder’. Great for paddling in rivers and lakes, the boat is designed with a unique shallow draft, with excellent tracking, stability and manoeuvrability.
Category: Sit On Top / Recreation
Why choose the Safari Plus?
Application: Lakes, rivers, calm coastal bays, and Grade 1 and 2 white water, surf
- Unique UF Design™ handles make the boat easy and comfortable to lift, from any angle
- Double Tunnel Hull Technology that reduces drag, gives great tracking and a shallow draft
- Tracking and manoeuvrability is second to none, allowing you to move around in congested areas, such as near river banks
- Shallow draft reduces drag and is great in small rivers and creeks
- Luggage storage area with sealed 6” hatch
- Front and rear carry handles
- High waterline
- Kiddy seat lets you share the padding experience with small children
- Recessed storage area
- Bungee deck rigging
- D-ring for backrests and thigh brace straps, strong and flush mounted with nothing to catch on
The Safari Plus story:
When the sit-on-top was an emerging design because of the ease of getting on and off the boat, we wanted a kayak that had an uncompromised performing hull – something that really went against the norm.
We wanted a boat that would provide the performance of a sit-in kayak, with all the convenience of a sit-on-top, which led to the introduction of the Double Tunnel Hull Technology and the Safari Plus.
It was a big challenge for our design team, and we broke some new territory in the development, and couldn’t be happier with the outcome. The Safari Plus has rewarded us by being a very popular model.
What’s in a name?
The Safari Plus is an evolution of the original Safari, with alterations to the deck and the user-friendliness, hence the name Safari Plus.
It’s a boat to use when going on an adventure. During development, our test paddlers felt confident to go into areas and do things they hadn’t done before. One commented that it was like going on a Safari. As an added bonus, you can even fish from it.
Paddler weight: 110kg (teenage children through to adults)
Deck height: 27cm