A 3 to 4 season ultralight sleeping bag designed for minimum weight (only 800g!) & maximum versatility, the Helium 450 has proven popular with hikers in a range of climates from coastal walks to sub alpine elevations. The 450 allows temperature regulation with dual zippers & offers incredible warmth-to-weight thanks to 800+ loft down. Maximise your pack space with a compact, lightweight and versatile Helium 450 sleeping bag.
Ultralight shell fabric and high-loft down fill on the Helium bags mean higher performance for less weight. Durable 10 by 10 denier, 520 thread count Nylon weighing only 26g/m2 with a hot-rolled-cire treatment to prevent down leakage and increase durability. Premium 800+ loft white down fill with DWR Loft treatment adds greater resilience, higher loft and better warmth in damp conditions.
- Tapered rectangular shape with a wide foot section for room to move
- Radial Arc Baffle System maximises baffle loft height & warmth
- Differential cut reduces compression & cold spots
- Continuous baffles allows flexible down distribution between base & canopy
- Box walled baffles for warmth & weight efficiency
- Large down-filled 3D draft tube along zip retains heatÂ
- Contoured hood keeps down evenly distributed around head
- Laminated 210 denier Nylon anti-snag shield along zips
- Sewn with hydrophobic Epic thread to prevent moisture from wicking along seams and inside the shell
- Tuck stitched for seam strength & greater water resistance
- Full length YKK side zip with dual sliders & foot zip
- Includes ultralight siliconised-Nylon stuff sack & 50L polyester storage sack with printed care & washing instructions
PREMIUM HIGH LOFT DOWN
This product is filled with Premium White Down with a loft rating of at least 800 cubic inches per ounce.
Mont’s down is selected for it’s high quality, purity and the fact that it is not live plucked.
All Mont Sleeping Bags are sewn with hydrophobic Epic Thread. The silicon impregnated in this thread prevents moisture wicking along seams and into the bag, keeping down dryer and warmer.
Ultralight but durable 10 by 10 denier, 520 thread count Nylon weighing only 26g/m2. Finished with a hot-rolled cire treatment to prevent down leakage and increase durability.
Differential cut is the term used to describe the difference in circumference between the inner and outer shells. The differential cut prevents down compression and cold spots by reducing the chance of the inner shell compressing against the outer shell.
For a truly effective differential cut there should be a considerable difference in the circumference of the inner and outer shells.
RADIAL ARC BAFFLE SYSTEM
The Radial Arc Baffle System is a significant design innovation that improves the thermal efficiency of a Mont Sleeping Bag.
Radial Arc Baffles curve naturally around your body rather than bending around your body. When a down baffle (chamber) is bent or distorted, ripples in the fabric occur which will compress down and create cold spots. The Radial Arc Baffle System reduces bending and distortion and increases loft and warmth.
Tuck stitching is a construction method that conceals the stitch inside the sleeping bag thereby protecting it from abrasion and snagging. This is in comparison to top stitched seams where each stitch is exposed. Tuck stitched seams are also more water resistant than top stitched seams, again because the seam is concealed internally.
Tuck stitching attaches the lock-knit baffle fabric to a small fold in the shell material. Tuck stitching joins three layers of fabric making for a much stronger seam than top stitching that only joins two.